Tuesday, April 22, 2008

HUAT AH~~!!

IR coming soon, are you prepared? Recently there is a case in the papers where a man jumps due to stress of having a gambling addicted wife. This man happens to be my friend's neighbour.

This is not new, when i was studying in my poly, my neighbour's husband also jumps due to the same reason.

The question is why? Why women when come to gamble issue, they can be much much more scarier than men? I admit that i do buy 4d, there were more than once i saw ladies in front of me placing bet that could be of a month's salary for a factory worker. Scary ya? What are the odds of striking? 23 numbers out of a 10000? Play 1 2 dollars i can understand, 1 to 2k per bet? That i don't!

Just today, a young lady in front of me

cashier: miss are you sure you wanna place this bet?
lady: yes, is there anything wrong that i mark wrongly?
cashier: miss, you marked system bet and place 50 big 50 small
lady: yes, i know, i dunno how to buy so i ask my husband to mark for me
cashier: it's 24 permutation so it will be 2400
lady: oh ya i know, do you all accept nets?
cashier: yes we do

I almost fainted when i saw this! The total bet of this lady is not only 2400, she bought some other numbers as well all system bet. TOTAL AMT: 3561!!!! Her nets won't exceed limit? I wonder how she do it... If she have special arrangement with the bank then this will not be an isolated betting case... Scary....

My thought: Woman can be very extreme when they are focus, engrossed, addicted to certain things. Please wake them up if you are a close friend of theirs. There is a big difference between chance and pure risk, chance is basically a calculated risk, means you might be able to win. Pure risk? YOU HAVE NO CHANCE AT ALL.

No comments: