Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Life is too fragile

It was a raining night in 1998, my colleague called me for supper at whampoa market. He picked me up and proceed to pick another colleague. Supper was fabulous, we chit chat for almost 3 hours before we decided to head back home to rest as the next day was a working day.

While waiting for the traffic light to turn green, my colleague was joking and said, there must be a lot of accidents in such a rainy night. The very next moment, a lorry bang onto his car from the back. I was the back passenger.

Shocked!! We managed to climb out of the vehicle. Imagine this, his Mitsubishi lancer was reduced to half size. Thank god that i escaped death, only injury was few scratches at the neck from broken glass of the rear window.

My colleague said he pulled the hand break at the junction while waiting for the red light, the lorry driver said his vehicle did not respond to his break, thus our vehicle withstand the pounding from the back and crashed onto the metal divider. Front split and back gone.

We were in total shocked!! How could 3 of us escape death? Are we still alive or we have already turned into ghost watching over our cold dead bodies at the road side on that cold rainy night?

The prata shop owner ran out and talked to us asking if we were OK. Then i realised we are still alive and we asked him for 3 cups of ginger tea, TEH HALIA was the first drink i took after this near death encounter.

The next day we proceed to work as usual. But my life changed. I became more gentle and takes things easy. I do not get angry over little things and grumble over it. I realised life is fragile, why take it so seriously and held on to grudges.

My thought: Live your life to make your surrounding environment or people better, don't make their life difficult and be nice to people. Remember this, life is fragile and you may not wake up tomorrow after your sleep.

No comments: