Monday, January 14, 2008

Take things for granted

Last week i was limping due to an accident. I dropped a glass jar of sugar, one of the fragments flew and cut my heel area, severing a vein and blood gush profusely. Took almost 2 days for blood to clog.

Now the wound is almost healed and i can walk properly. Suddenly, this thought kept hovering in my mind. I took for granted that i can walk forever. I never thought of one day if i lose my mobility, what would happen!

This brings me to think of something else. I have been taking people around me for granted too! I never thought one of these days, things that i cherished most around me will be taken away, people i cherished most around me will leave me or pass away.

I suddenly remembered seeing the white hair of my parents reminding me that they are not young anymore. I suddenly remembered my grand father carrying me on his sturdy shoulder to see the "tong kang" at Singapore river when he goes to bank of china to do banking when i was really really young. I suddenly remembered him carrying me to see Chinese sin seh on his strong arms when i fractured my leg.

Now he is on the wheel chair, conscious but has lose his strength, even can't carry his great grand son no matter how hard he tries and wanted to. I suddenly realised one of these days, I'll be like him too.

My thought : Cherish the things and people around you. They might make you angry, argue with you, quarrel and caused emotional sadness. But, everyday as each day passes by, they are getting older and older.

One of these days, you might wake up without them around. Cherish your parents and partner especially, talk and communicate with them properly and efficiently. Shouting to put idea across is getting no where.

Remember this, time waits for no man (don't be too happy if you are a woman, time waits for no woman too.. )

No comments: